Auberge Transition is a feminist organization whose primary mandate is to offer shelter, information, counselling and follow-up services to women who are experiencing or who have experienced any form of spousal abuse. Auberge Transition serves women, with or without children, of all cultures and backgrounds.
|Volunteer Job(s) and Description||
What can you do as a volunteer?
1. Have conversations with the women
2. Help around the house to make their stays as profitable and comfortable as possible.
3. E.g. Cook, clean, and watch TV with them.
4. Give mothers much needed respite time. Play with children.
5. Take care of the children while mothers go for important appointments.
6. Help workers in the office if needed.
8. Your own suggestions on how to help will be most welcome.
|Volunteer Requirements (language, special skills, etc.)||
1. Preferably be multilingual.
2. Comfortable in having conversations and participating in activities with women from different cultures, backgrounds and ages.
3. Be comfortable playing and taking care of children for a few hours.
4. Be open to helping women cook and clean around the home.
5. Be ready to help in the office as and when needed.
4 hours per week
minimum commitment to volunteer for six months.
any time between 8 am to 10 pm- 7days a week .
|Contact Information||Hema shroff
514 481 0495
Please send in your brief resume giving information about your previous work and volunteer background with contact info, along with 2 references (preferable from organisations you have volunteered with.)